USPS is well known largest mailing services in the united states. USPS stands for United States Postal Services. This organization provides nation courier and mail services. USPS employees follow LiteBlue portal. The LiteBlue portal is an online support system that solves the employment-related services of USPS employees. To secure their old age, they have discovered various plans according to their services and eligibility. In this article, we are going to discuss its famous eRetire LiteBlue services in detail.
eRetire services are related to the eligibility of employees to choose a retirement plan accordingly. This service is very helpful for the people, especially those who are not good at communicating skills and find it difficult to get in touch with company executives regarding their retirement plan.
The USPS company has more than 620,000 employees throughout the United States. So, they require to set up some retirement plans, according to the employees’ needs. All the employees get retirement plans, according to their services. They have to undergo a procedure that determines their eligibility for different retirement plans.
Through the eRetire LiteBlue portal, it will become easier for USPS employees to access and understand various retirement plans. Let’s move forward to the accessibility criteria of the eRetire LiteBlue portal.
Who can access eRetire service on LiteBlue?
eRetire service on LiteBlue can be accessed by only three types of employee groups. They can easily access all the eRetire retirement plans via this service. These three groups are as follow:
- USPS Employees that are eligible for a 5-year retirement plan.
- Employees that are eligible for 180 days or 6 months retirement plan.
- Employees that are currently eligible for retirement plans.
All Retirement plans included in LiteBlue are defined according to these three eligible groups. All the full-time workers are eligible for these plans. Part-time employees and postal inspectors have to enquire about the manual estimates of their plans from the heads of their respective departments.
How to access eRetire on LiteBlue
All the three groups can access eretire through the LiteBlue portal. There are 3 steps to access usps retirement plans. We have discussed detailed steps below.
Before that you need to login to Liteblue to use these 3 ways. You require employee ID and password to login successfully. After that you can access e-Retire easily.
Steps to access the eRetire page
There are a number of steps provided to successfully access the eRetire page, follow all of the steps given below:
- I hope you all logged in to Liteblue Portal
- Go to My HR tab
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Employee Apps
- When you click on Employee Apps, a page with various services of Liteblue will open.
- Click on eRetire option
- Voila! You have finally reached the retirement plans.
In this way, you will easily be able to access all the services of the eRetire platform in a hassle-free manner.
What can you access inside eRetire
Once you have entered the eRetire option of the LiteBlue portal, you will be able to get the information related to the following topics:
- Eligibility of employees to get the retirement plan
- How to opt the plan or choose or go for another plan
- Options that will provide you description about the context of retirement plan and Eretire portal you need to follow.
This will make your work easy and will save your time of communication with a company executive. What is better than getting all the retirement plan information by just sitting on your couch?
When should I print annual estimates for the Retirement
Retirement plan criteria are based upon the three classes of people working under USPS department (3 classes mentioned above). Given below are the details of each criterion and when should you print annual estimates:
- USPS employees within five years of retiring: Employees having eligibility for 5 years of retirement can view and print the estimates given online. Retirement plans are according to the time of the retirement date of the employee, 6 months plus the date or the one year added to the date.
- For USPS employees that are within 6 months of retirement eligibility: Employees under the category of six months retirement eligibility could estimate retirement plans according to the dates of the beginning of the coming month or seven months after that or 13 months above the eligibility date.
Some Final Words
The United States Postal Service is known for the best services they provide to their employees. Talking about eRetire facility, it is one of the most significant plans formed by the USPS for their employees. These services are not only for full-time employees but part-time employees and postal inspectors can also take benefits of these services. We hope that our article was informative enough to provide you guidelines of accessing eRetirement plans through the LiteBlue portal.